How does eeLASIK work?
Hereby the quality of the cornea is determined. The exact refractive power is measured in more than 1,250 different points. This data is then translated into a personalized 3D graphic.
On the basis of the data from the wavefront analysis – the "fingerprint" of the eye – the excimer laser begins the costom-made correction of the refrective error by carefully shaping the cornea.
After the use of the excimer laser the flap is gently folded back. The corneal flap adheres quickly and securely, and protects the treated area like a natural bandage.
With the eeLASIK we combined two of the most advanced and precise laser eye technologies. It is the best possible solution for our patients and has the following advantages:
- The personalized treatment among laser eye methods
- It takes the individual characteristics of the eye into account
- A correction of refractive errors that is so much more precise than glasses or contacts will ever be
- A general improvement in the quality of vision: a sharper vision, improved contrast sensitivity and an improved night vision.
- Safer and more precise
- Minimized risk of cut-related complications
- Painfree and fast procedure
- Generally less stress on the eye
- Treatment of higher refractive errors
- Treatment despite thin corneas
1. The Personal Consultation about Your LASIK Treatment
- Measurement of your eyes
- Determining if the treatment is right for your eyes
2. The Thorough Medical Preliminary Examination
- The examination usually lasts approx. 2 hours
- One of our specialists in ophthalmology will explain every detail about the treatment
- Please avoid wearing soft contact lenses for one week and hard contact lenses for two weeks prior to this examination
- Please note that after the examination you will not be safe driving a vehicle for the next 24 hours – neither car, motorcycle or bicycle. We therefore recommend that you take a cab or public transportation that day
- During the examination you will receive an after-care set for the days after your treatment. The medication and content will be explained to you in detail by our staff
3. On the Day of the Treatment
- We recommend that you wear comfortable clothes on the day of the treatment
- You can eat and drink normally on the treatment day, but please do not smoke
- For hygiene reasons, it is also important that you wash your face thoroughly prior to treatment, completely remove makeup, and avoid perfume
- Outpatient surgery, anesthetic eye drops, no bandage, and sunglasses are recommended
- The total duration of the laser eye treatment for both eyes: approximately 25 minutes
- You are not allowed to drive a vehicle after the procedure
4. After the Treatment
- Please do not rub your eyes!
- Antibiotic eye drops 5 x á day for 1 week
- Artificial tears as required
- Return to work after 2-3 days
- Resume sports activities after approximately 3 days, swimming and sauna after approximately 2 weeks
- Post-operative follow-up examinations: after 1 day – 1 week – 1 month
- You may drive a vehicle again only with the doctor's permission, normally after the 1 week post-operative examination