PD Dr. med. Ralf-Christian Lerche
The associate medical director of EuroEyes Clinical Group
- born in 1968 in Hamburg, Germany
- 1988 acquisition of general higher education entrance at the Humanist Dilthey school Wiesbaden, Germany
- 1988-1994 Medical studies at the German Universities in Göttingen, Innsbruck, and Hamburg.
- 1994-1998 Residency at the University Eye Clinic Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany.
- 1995 Doctorate on the subject "Long-term Results and Complications after Perforating Keratoplasty".
Work-related stays abroad:
- Education in refractive surgery in Hamburg, Aarhus / Denmark, Bogota / Colombia and Alicante / Spain
- 1998 Specialist examination: Board Certification Ophthalmology before the General Medical Council Hamburg, Germany
- 1998-2000 Ophthalmologist, University Eye Clinic Hamburg-Eppendorf, Germany.
- 2000-2002 Senior Physician at the University Eye Clinic Magdeburg, Germany.
- 2002-2005 Senior Physician at the German University Eye Clinic Hamburg, Divisional Director of Refractive Surgery
- since 2005 Ophthalmologist in the joint practice Dr. J. Jørgensen & Partner.
- since 2007 Medical Director of EuroEyes Laser Eye Center Hannover, Germany.
- since 2009 Associate Medical Director of EuroEyes Clinical Group.
- LASIK-TÜV certified high-volume LASIK surgeon with more than 1,000 surgeries per year.
Good to know
- more than 20,000 ocular surgeries
- 2005 Habilitation on "Clinical-experimental examinations concerning pathogenesis and treatment of retinal vascular occlusions", and appointment as a private lecturer at University of Hamburg, Germany.
- Expertise in laser surgery / cataract and refractive surgery / ocular procedures with an increased degree of difficulty / TÜV certified LASIK surgeon / KRC-listed LASIK trainer.
- Lecturer and member of the faculty of the University Clinic Hamburg-Eppendorf.
- More than 100 scientific contributions and publications at Congress and in journals - national and international.
Member of the following scientific societies
- German Ophthalmological Society (DOG)
- German Society for Intraocular Lens Implants and Refractive Surgery (DGII)
- European Society for Cataract and Refractive Surgery (ESCRS)
- Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO)
- Professional Association of Ophthalmologists (BVA)
- Professional Association of Ophthalmologists) Union of North German Ophthalmologists (VNA)