Dr. M.Sc. Enrique Molina Muñoz
Doctor of refractive surgery at EuroEyes Laser Eye Center Frankfurt
- born 1974 in Santiago, Chile.
- 1995 Attainment of general higher education entrance in Chile
- 1995-2001 Licenciado en Medicina (1999) and surgeon (Médico Cirujano)
- 2003-2007 Ophthalmology specialist studies: University of Chile, Faculty of Medicine, Santiago de Chile.
- 2007: University of Chile, Faculty of Medicine, Santiago de Chile
- 2002 Diploma in Administration for the Health Care System: de Administración de Salud Diplomado. Escuela de Salud Pública. University of Chile
- 2005-2006 Master of Science (MSc) in Medical Physics with Distinction Biomedical Optics. University of Heidelberg. Thesis Refractive Surgery – “Does the flap induce higher order aberrations”, tutor Prof. Dr. J. Bille
- 2009 PhD student at the Technical University of Munich, EuroEyes Laser Eye Center Munich PhD “The use of rings for keratoconus intracornealen therapy", Supervisor Prof. Dr. Thomas Neuhann
- 2007-2009 Ophthalmologist at the hospital “Hospital Barros Luco Trudeau”, Santiago, Chile, Department of Ophthalmology, Corneal and Cataract Surgery.
- 2009-2010 Head of the hospital “Hospital Felix Bulnes”, Founder of the ophthalmic division, focusing on cataract surgery.
- 2009-2010 ophthalmologist at the University Hospital of Chile, Santiago, corneal and cataract surgery. Ophthalmologist in private clinic IOPA, Santiago, refractive surgery (LASIK, PRK)
- 2011 Specialist of Refractive Surgery, EuroEyes Clinical Group.
- 2012 Medical Director, EuroEyes Frankfurt, Germany.
- Cataract and glaucoma surgery
- Laser treatment of the retina, also by newborns.
- Laser Eye Treatment and Lens Surgery
Good to know
- 2002 to 2005 Regular lectures at the University of Chile. Monitor Docente Bases Científicas de la Medicina II, medical faculty.
- 2010 Coordinating Lecturer of the module “Optical Physics”, Módulo Óptica Física, Curso de Formación y Perfeccionamiento, Chilean Ophthalmology Society. Ophthalmologic Membership.
Member of the following scientific societies:
- Chilean Ophthalmology Society: Sociedad Chilena de Oftalmología
- European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons (ESCRS)
- German Ophthalmological Society (DOG)
- Federal Association of German Ophthalmic Surgeons (BDOC)